Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lessons from Snow

Lesson # 1
Friendship can be likened to snow lying on the ground without the blemishes of footprints and snowmen.  However, once the snow is trampled upon and snowmen make their claim on the territory, the picturesque landscape now has character. So it is with friendship. You can either trample on it, tread softly or even move slowly but the footsteps are still there . The snowmen of relationships are the things you do with each other, for each other, and to each other. Snowmen may melt but the memory of making them will always be there.
Lesson # 2
There are no such things as ghost...just limbs scratching your roof top like a cat scratches at a litter box, melting icicles against a tin window frame and whistling wind.
Lesson # 3
It doesn't matter how cold it is outside  when your with friends and having fun,  but it's always too cold to shovel snow and take the trash out.
Lesson # 4
Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
Snow is a great reminder of how I'm covered in the Blood of Jesus and made white as snow.  It reminds me of a great song by Praise Band : White as Snow / Nothing but the Blood lyrics:
White as snow, white as snow
Though my sins were as scarlet
Lord, I know, Lord, I know
That I'm clean and forgiven

Through the power of Your blood
Through the wonder of Your love
Through faith in You
I know that I can be
White as snow

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

This is all my righteousness,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
This is all my hope and peace,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment