Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where are my feet taking me?

I just read a story about a missionary who was preaching and some people were making fun of him because he was not a handsome man. After taking the blows for awhile he finally said to the crowd, “It is true that I do not have beautiful hair, for I am almost bald. Nor do I have beautiful teeth, for they are not really mine, they were made by the dentist. I do not have a beautiful face, nor can I afford to wear beautiful clothes. But this I know: I have beautiful feet!” And then he proceeded to quote Isaiah: “How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, the publisheth peace” (Isa 52:7).

Are my feet taking me on a peace mission? Where am I going? What do my feet look like? I had to ask myself these questions after reading this missionary’s story.

Because I am a true believer in Christ, having been reconciled with God, I want to help others learn to put their trust in Him also and receive reconciliation as well. This can be easily dubbed as my peace mission.

Let’s take a look at this peace mission.

“All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation” 2 Corinthians 5:18. Read on to verse 20 which states: “We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.” 2 Corinthians 5:20.

Not only has God given me the ministry of reconciliation and to be an ambassador of peace but I should also shod my feet the Gospel of peace. (Ephesians 6:15). Through this peace mission I will be called a child of God (Matt 5:9).

I have to repeatedly ask myself: where are my feet taking me and do my feet look beautiful in the eyes of God. This month is not just about stomping out my bad habits but putting in place good habits that coincide with the will of God. God’s will for my life is to love Him with all of my being, worshipping only Him and to tell others about how He has reconciled us together again with Him through His son Jesus when He died on the cross for our sins.

Dear Jesus, I want even my feet to be beautiful in Your eyes. Help me to get over any inhibition I may have so I can freely tell others about what Jesus did on the cross for our sins. Help me to show others just how much You love them and want to be at peace with them so they can experience sweet fellowship with You.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful love it! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, praying my feet only takes me where God wants me to go.

    ReplyDelete