Friday, March 4, 2011

God's Work In Me

March Stomp! – God’s Work in Me!
Some times as a Christian I can forget to whom I belong to.  The busyness of life, service in the church and taking care of my family is often forefront in my mind. I forget why I was created and just sometimes, I forget who created me.
“For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus” (Eph 2:10a). The Greek word for workmanship is poiema in which we derive our English word “poem.”  Workmanship means that which is made or is a manufactured product. While I am not fully Christ-like yet, He is working on me! His purpose is to make me more like Christ (Romans 8:20).
Christ equips me not only for my life eternally with Him in heaven but also for my walk here on earth.  He has three main tools: the Word of God (1 Thes 2:13), prayer (Eph 3:20, 21), and that dreaded word suffering (1 Peter 4:11-14).
“As we read God’s Word, understand it, meditate on it and feed on it, the Word goes to work in our lives to cleanse us and nourish us. As we pray, God’s Spirit works in us to release power. And as we suffer, the Spirit of God ministers to us. Suffering drives us back to the Word and prayer and the cycle is repeated.” Wiersbe, Be Rich!
When I was made alive in Christ I became a new creature.

"Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things are passed away; behold, new things have come." (2 Corinthians 5:17).

“That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.” (Eph 4: 22-24).

“Since ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above.” (Colossians 3:1)

I can see Lazarus being raised from the dead in John 11:44, “Loose him, and let him go”. Another way of saying that is “This man is now alive. Get him out of those grave clothes!” AMEN!


When I become a new creature in Christ I should stop living as a dead man and start living! I am alive in Christ! Hallelujah!

March Stomp! It is all about living again with better habits and being more focused on Christ. God is conforming me to make me more like Christ. God will use whatever it takes to get me first in the position to want to be more Christ like and then willing to yield my spirit to Him so He can make me into something beautiful and wonderful!

God will not be able to work through me until He has done a work in me. I must remember that through my suffering God is working in me, through my Bible meditation God is working in me, and through my prayer life God is working in me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for creating in me a new heart. I thank You now for loving me enough to allow me to go through trials and storms that only bring me running back to You , seeking You and wanting more of You. Thank You for Your Holy Word and that I can freely pray to You. Thank You Jesus for being my intercessor! Dear Lord, Here am I! Mold me, use me , fill me with You and only You!

1 comment: